Direkter Beitrag zu den SDGs
By 2030, we reduce our greenhouse gas emissions by 45 % (Scopes 1, 2 & 3) compared with 2021, and commit to the Science Based Targets Initiative (SBTi)*.
* The reduction in electricity production is 69 % (Scope 1) and 42 % each in district heating production (Scope 1) and natural gas sales (Scope 3).
By 2030, 50'000 new and existing customers benefit from transformed and sustainable neighbourhoods, settlements and industrial sites through our IWB products, services and consulting*.
* They include new heating networks with renewable energy and renewable energy source, newly connected customers to renewable energy supply, photovoltaic systems newly installed at customers' premises. New customers can benefit from new electric charging stations with renewable energy or from newly built large-scale photovoltaic systems.
By 2030, we achieve the Work-Family Balance "Professional" certificate and remain Great Place to Work® certified*.
* Our interim goal by 2025 is to achieve the Work-Family Balance "Advanced" certification.
By 2026, we achieve improvements of at least 20 % in environmental protection, circular economy, occupational safety, human and labour rights among our suppliers and procurement, compared with 2022*.
* Supplier improvements measured through self-assessments on the Integrity Next platform, where progress means a better rating based on completed assessments in the IntegrityNext traffic light system. Improvements in procurement mean greater consideration of sustainability criteria in the evaluation of submissions, i.e. weighting of criteria (CLW, occupational safety, human rights, emissions, etc.).
By 2030, we develop over 30 hectares of additional close-to-nature land, so that 50 % of the land area in IWB ownership are near-natural and biodiverse habitats by 2030*.
* All areas are certified by the Natur&Wirtschaft Foundation and confirmed as close-to-nature l and biodiverse habitats.
IWB Industrielle Werke Basel operates in Switzerland. The pledges taken within the STI framework relate to the sustainability policy applying to all IWB Industrielle Werke Basel operations carried out in Switzerland. The company is therefore accountable for their implementation within the limits of its scope of activity.
Hinweis: Bis 2023 bezeichnet systematisch das Ende des Jahres, das heisst: Bis zum Ende des Jahres 2023 (ausser anders definiert, z. B. Geschäftsjahr)